Test sessions are a cooperative effort of the Houston Figure Skating Club and the Iceland Figure Skating Club now referred to as the Coalition. (Download Test Application)
Effective January 1, 2003 the following rules will be in force for any participant who desires to test at sessions sponsored by the Coalition:
- All test applications will be mailed to the Houston FSC test chair: Sam Gotsdiner, 5800 Lumberdale – TH97, Houston, TX 77092
- Any test application handed to a coalition test chair or board member will be acceptable; however, all non mailed applications will be standby and considered only after all mailed applications have been processed including late applications.
- Any skater canceling a test seven (7) days or less prior to a test will not be entitled to a refund of any fees, no matter how many tests are scheduled. Skaters providing more than seven (7) days will be entitled to a full refund of all monies paid. Skaters who are injured or incur illness during the seven (7) days prior to testing may be entitled to a refund. A letter from a licensed medical physician stating the skater was ill or injured and advising against skating until after the test date will be required. Otherwise all test fees will be retained by the Coalition.
- If a test applicant is unable to test, due to injury or non-preparedness, those applicants will have to resubmit a new test application and check for a future test session. The Coalition test chair will not forward (roll to the next session) test applications to a future test session. All test applications and checks for applicants who will not be testing and are due a refund will be destroyed.
- If a skater is taking a contingent test and fails the underlying test, the contingent test fees shall be retained by the Coalition.
- Test chairs of the coalition will make every effort to accommodate those desiring to test. Sometimes the judging resources are difficult to obtain, or to expensive to obtain, and we reserve the right to decide who will test for a given session, based upon the judging resources we are able to obtain.
- Deadlines for tests taking place after January 1, 2003 will be expanded to 21 days before the test date, to allow test chairs to notify coaches who will or won't be able to test at a given test session. The test chairs feel the expanded deadline will give skaters, their parents, and their coaches ample time to adjust training schedules.
- Please remember that all test chairs are volunteers and are donating their time for this effort.
- A return check fee of $30 will be assessed on all returned checks.